Wednesday, May 14, 2008

National Burger Month Day 13: Inside-Out Lamb Cheeseburger



After the huge productions that the last few burgers became, tonight's burger was an almost effortless project. At least in appearance, it was the most traditional-looking burger I've had in a while. I made an inside-out lamb cheeseburger, mostly inspired by the Bittman article in the New York Times. This is also a variation of the burger we did on Day 8.

Burger:
1/3 pounds of ground lamb
1 tsp dried mint flakes
a slice or two of smoked mozzarella
salt
pepper

I seasoned the ground lamb with salt, pepper and mint flakes, then formed two patties. Next, I took the two patties and sandwiched the cheese between them, pressing everything together into a mega-pattie of wonder. This was then grilled to my desired doneness, which in this case, was a nice medium-- enough for the cheese to melt, while keeping the moist juiciness of the cute lamb. Baaaa. I think it took all of five minutes to prep and less than ten minutes to cook.

Good burger. Simple burger--one of my favorite burgers, and one that I turn to at least a couple of times a barbecue-season.

1 comment:

Thistlemoon said...

This sounds like my kind of burger! I bet it would be yummy using feta cheese or halloumi as the cheese!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!