Monday, May 24, 2010

National Burger Month 05/24/2010: Bacon Veggieburger


Bacon Veggieburger

I needed to eat something veggie so I made tonight's burger a veggie burger. I found this recipe for potato veggie burgers that are really similar to latkes. Any chance I get to use the shredder/grater attachment of my food processor I take, so I hopped on this recipe. The only difference I made was I decreased the potato and increased the spice.

And I added bacon... which turns gourmet into gourm-yay.

Into a grater:
2 potatoes
1 carrot

Add:
1 cup corn
1 cup black beans (mashed)
4 scallions, chopped

Mix the stuff.

Spice:
salt, to taste
pepper, ground, to taste
1 tbsp garlic powder

Mix. Form patties. Fry for about 5 minutes per side over oil on medium-hot pan.

Top with bacon, a couple of strips
And cheese, cheddar

2 comments:

Serendipitious Encounters said...

how does a 'veggie' burger get bacon in it? i miss you michael! wish i could be eating those burgers with you.

bagel said...

The bacon is optional (or maybe for me the burger is optional). I think I miss you too if you are who I think you are. Who are you?